A Museum quality set of 4 antique beer mugs created by the leading French ceramic artist Pierre-Adrien Dalpayrat (1844 - 1910). Each ceramic cup has been hand decorated with a lovely Art Nouveau strawberry and leaf pattern in rich tones of enamel glaze. The mugs have gently tapering tops and wide bottoms. Each one is signed on the underside with the Dalpayrat makers mark and has an impressed letter "E".
Pierre-Adrien Dalpayrat or Adrien Dalpayrat (14 April 1844 – 10 August 1910) was a French potter who was a significant figure in French art pottery, especially known for his innovative coloured ceramic glazes, mostly on stoneware, but also earthenware and porcelain. His shapes were often sculptural, either in their broad shape, or sometimes incorporating figures modelled by sculptors he collaborated with. The Symbolist sculptor Alphonse Voisin-Delacroix (1857–1893) was one collaborator until his early death. Like some other Art Nouveau potters Dalpayrat often made pieces to be mounted with metal elements by metalworking firms, including one lamp base designed with a glass and metal shade by Tiffany & Co. of New York. This marriage was very likely arranged by Siegfried Bing, whose Paris gallery Maison de l'Art Nouveau sold works by both makers. An inkwell with bronze mounts, also in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, has the metal marked by Edward Colonna, a regular designer in metal for Bing. His largest work was an elaborate cheminée, or fireplace with overmantel, in blackened poplar wood with many stoneware inserts, which was sold to the French state for the Musée du Luxembourg (it is now in the Musée d'Orsay, both in Paris). This was made with his business partner Adèle Lesbros, who also financed him. He won a number of prizes in the national and international competitions and shows that were an important route for ceramicists to promote their work, culminating in gold medals in the World's Fairs the World's Columbian Exposition (Chicago, 1893) and Exposition Universelle, Paris 1900. His wife and three sons joined in the business, but it closed in 1906, after which he retired to his native Limoges. His house and workshop in Bourg-la-Reine is now owned by the town and holds the musée Dalpayrat, with more than 120 of his pieces. In 2015, two Dalpayrat vases in an auction at Christie's New York sold for US$23,750,and US$17,500.
5" Tall x 3" Wide.
(13 cm x 8 cm).
The set of pottery beer mugs are in very good condition with light signs of wear. There are thin kiln firing imperfections to the rim of one mug. There are no chips or cracks.
For more vintage French rustic decor: http://etsy.me/1yPTfDE
To continue shopping in our main shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeBonheurDuJour
Item Ref: Dalpayrat Pottery Beer Mug Set of 4, French Antique Art Nouveau Enamel Ceramic Cups with Strawberry Pattern
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 21 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
1. INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you contact me directly.
2. WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
3. INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU. I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
5. HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Fabien INVERNIZZI, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at: email@example.com
Please contact us for a wholesale price list on bulk orders.
All orders are shipped with tracking. Please note that if you would like to upgrade to faster shipping you can select this option during checkout.
Yes, we do. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.